Introduction

Hi,
This is my story of being overweight, always being looked at funny, being the last one picked on the field to play games with, having to special order clothes because regular clothes just don't  fit right, This is me. The fat girl of the bunch. Yes I am loved, and my husband loves me the way I am and fell in love with a chunky girl, but this chunky girl no longer loves the body she is in.

Yes your thinking well get out there and exercise and diet.  I have done that. Believe me.  I have lost close to 100 lbs on my own only to gain back 30 of it. I always hit a plateau and then get stuck there. I have tried starvation, Ya that one isn't good for you. I have heard all the lectures too.  I have been on slim fast, tried all the tiny meals 6 times a day to get my thyroid kicking.  Except we found out my Thyroid isn't going to be kicking anywhere. It's almost deader than a door nail. Yes I am on medicine for it.  Just thought I would say that before anyone ask.  Thrive I have tried it, The pink drink, yep that too,  Garcinia pills yep again. Like I said above I have tried almost everything. I have joined gyms and walked miles and miles.

I decided to look into the Bariatric Sleeve about 3 years ago, and at the time there were no hospitals in my area that took  my insurance. Fast forward to May, I call the doctors office that I went to the seminar for and come to find out they now take my insurance. I explain to them, I was supposed to be called when they did and apparently it fell through the cracks. Okay Great I am thinking now what. The receptionist comes on and says how about this Saturday since the mess up was on our side. I was like I will be there. I got off the phone and was like Holy Smokes.

My husband and I went to meet the staff and surgeon, they are all wonderful and polite people. I explain that I am wanting the Bariatric Sleeve because, I have autoimmune deficiency and I know with the sleeve it leaves some of your stomach so to be able to ingest some of the nutrients from your food instead of the Bypass where they disconnect your stomach completely and hook your intestine up to your esophagus basically, and the lap band that you can basically cheat it.  If I was going to do this I was going to do it the safest route for me and a way I could not cheat the system.

So I told the doctor I wanted to go ahead with it. I guess in the long run I should of talked to TJ about it. But I really didn't.  I didn't talk to anyone about it. So I have finished phase 1 of it and am on to phase 2 already.  I will explain Phase 1 next post. I just don't want to go on and on in this one and no one read it.

Love to all
Jody

Comments

  1. This is YOUR world. Everyone else just lives in it. Yeah telling the Mr probably would have been good, but considering everything you have been thru, he can and will deal with it. I wouldn't worry about what others think and I know you wont. Is doing this going to help with any of the auto immune stuff? Just curious as I am your ANA partner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will cure my diabetes, and it will cure my high blood pressure, It is also going to make walking a lot easier when things get worse. So that way the Mister doesn't have to strain as much when he goes to help me up and down out of bed. I chose the sleeve because it will allow me to still maintain to receive nutrients from the food that I wouldn't of been able to get from the other bypass surgery. It will not make any of the ANA issues go away my ANA partner but it will make it easier to deal with. It will also make me feel a lot better.. Hence the day of Mikes Birthday we were in phase 1 already.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OH MY......

Welcome to Phase 2