Phase 1

Well I told you I would post about Phase 1 so hear goes.  Phase one is replacing one meal a day with a meal replacement shake with high protein in it as your meal.  I choose breakfast.

I am not a big breakfast eater. They give you a sample to try at the office and it is Premier Vanilla,  but they tell you that everyone tells you that chocolate and the banana flavors are better. so I take it home and wait a day let it get cold in the refrigerator and then go ahead and drink it. Well lets say at that point I hope the chocolate or banana are better because the vanilla make me want to be sick.  So instead I have been on High protein Slim Fast, and been trying a few others that friends have asked me to try that know I am doing it. Thrive Chocolate- Nope, Herbalife- Banana; maybe a different flavor, Premier Chocolate- Yep I would defiantly do that one again. Muscle Milk- Not likely again, Ensure- ya but it doesn't contain 20 grams or more protein. Then of course when I saw the dietitian she gave me a bunch of samples from bariatric companies.

So at first I was starving. I was like I don't think I can do this.  But after a week I wasn't even hungry for breakfast. I was fine. Not a problem.  I had to go to a physical fitness test, here I thought it would be like the ones we had in high school, my friends Danielle and Sissa took me there and I told them I thought for sure they would be calling and ambulance for me. LOL. It was nothing like that. She weighed me and I was down 7 lbs. (something was working) and she did all my measurements, arms, chest, legs, bust, butt, etc. She explained to me that realistically I should have 25% body fat on me at the end of this journey leaving me at 195-200 lbs and that would be a year from now.  I looked at her and laughed.  She looked at me so funny and asked what are you laughing about.  I told her I wasn't even that weight when I graduated high school.  There I put that out there. For all my high school friends I was over 200 pounds when I graduated.

Next came the dietitian appointment a few days later.....This is what I was worried about. I has seen dietitians before and I always get fussed at that I never eat right, I over eat, etc. I don't buy the right foods. Well sometimes we can't always afford the right foods. She was talking all organic and this and that. I stopped her and asked her am I supposed to buy two meals. One for me and one for my husband and son, because they aren't going to give up their pasta.  She looked at me and said no and you don't either.  I was like huh?? She just said you have to remember when the doctor is done and your allowed to eat normal solid food again your only going to have a 4 ounce stomach. I said ok. So she showed me a plate that I should be eating off of. I was like a toddler plate. Guess I will have to pick one up.

I had lost 2 more pounds.  I was excited.  I am 9 pounds away from the weight I have to be to do the surgery. But I have to finish getting medical clearance's from my doctors and have and scope done on
Friday the 21st to make sure there is nothing wrong in the stomach or esophagus.  But phase 2 has begun.

wish me luck
Jody

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

OH MY......

Welcome to Phase 2