GOAL!!!!

Well I have hit my surgical goal weight yeah. 

However we have hit a snag. My cultures came back from my biopsies he did during my endoscopy and I have H-pylori. H-pylori is also know as the Helicopter virus because of the shape of the virus itself. So now I go on two weeks of anti biotic and then I will have to have another endoscopy done with more cultures taken before they can even schedule the regular surgery. This devastated me today.

But it is what it is. A little more about H-pylori=Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection occurs when a type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infects your stomach. This usually happens during childhood. A common cause of peptic ulcers, H. pylori infection may be present in more than half the people in the world.
Most people don't realize they have H. pylori infection, because they never get sick from it. If you develop signs and symptoms of a peptic ulcer, your doctor will probably test you for H. pylori infection. If you have H. pylori infection, it can be treated with antibiotics.  

Symptoms

Most people with H. pylori infection will never have any signs or symptoms. It's not clear why this is, but some people may be born with more resistance to the harmful effects of H. pylori.
When signs or symptoms do occur with H. pylori infection, they may include:
  • An ache or burning pain in your abdomen
  • Abdominal pain that's worse when your stomach is empty
  • Nausea
  • Loss of appetite
  • Frequent burping
  • Bloating
  • Unintentional weight loss

If a lot of you will remember when Peanut was 10 or 11 then did an Upper GI because he was constantly getting sick to his stomach he was diagnosed with H-pylori and they treated us both for it. Peanut got a months worth of medication and I got a weeks worth. Well the doctor said today that a week was probably not enough and I have probably had it since then and has been the culprit of all of them stomach troubles for the past 5 years. It is nice to know that. But not so nice because it will push my surgery now out until October sometime instead of end of August or Early September.  

I am still on the 2 protein shakes a day and the one meal at dinner. I am allowed to have 2 snacks a day depending on if I am hungry or not. Some days I am not. But have to eat something because between exercising and the calories I put in my body then the calories I put out in exercising, my program tells me I didn't get enough to eat. 

I have switched the size plate I eat on too. I use a regular dinner plate like everyone else. That was my mistake. I now am using a 6 inch dinner plate, and believe it or not there have been times where I make my dinner and use my serving sizes I am allowed and I am too full to eat what I have allowed for my self to eat. But instead of the " Clear your plate, don't you know there are starving kids in the world" . I just dump it in the trash. 

T.J. got a good laugh out of me a few weeks ago. He had bought some pudding. Me sugar free vanilla and him and peanut, Hershey's Chocolate with Carmel well I wanted a bite. So I took a bite and as soon as I did I knew it was way too many calories in it. so I swished it around my mouth and spit it out. Yep I followed the directions of the dietitian "lick it and spit it out if the craving hits". T.J just looked at me like "I can't believe you did that. You have more will power than I do". I said hey it's never going to come off if I continue the way i have been.

So far from the beginning of all of this I have lost 21 lbs.  I have been able to buy some clothes in Kohl's. I have rode the bike, for over a mile in 10:48 which in an accomplishment for me.

T.J. Brought me home balloons yesterday for reaching my goal. In the start he wasn't so on board but now he is. I see it in his eyes. The excitement of my body changing. I fun and thrilling.  I will accomplish my goal one way or another.  

Hugs

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

OH MY......

Welcome to Phase 2